This was a fairly good recipe, but for the labor and time involved, not quite worth the effort. Flavors seemed a little bland, so if I were to make it again, I would try to jazz it up a little more.
Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
A 10-ounce bag of fresh spinach has only 10 grams of carbohydrate.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 stuffed chicken breast half)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 237
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 4.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 42.7g
- Carbohydrate: 5.3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 3.9mg
- Sodium: 321mg
- Calcium: 100mg
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 (10-ounce) bag fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons dried tomato bits
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1. Place chicken breast halves between 2 sheets of plastic wrap, and flatten to 1/4-inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- 2. Trim and chop spinach; place in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add water and next 3 ingredients; bring to a boil. Cook 7 minutes or until spinach wilts, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in tomato bits, pine nuts, and 1/4 teaspoon basil.
- 3. Divide spinach mixture evenly among chicken breast halves, spooning mixture onto center of each half. Roll chicken up lengthwise, tucking ends under; secure chicken with wooden picks.
- 4. Coat pan with cooking spray. Place over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Add wine and 1/4 teaspoon basil; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until chicken is done. Transfer chicken to a serving platter, and remove wooden picks. Spoon pan drippings over chicken.
- carbo rating: 4
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes