Fabulous! Made the whole thing in under 5 minutes for a late Valentine's supper. Served it in a trifle bowl and it was beautiful. Company worthy. Do NOT skip using the dressing..it's a must and brings the whole thing together!
Spinach Strawberry Salad
This simple spinach strawberry salad is a wonderful starter and an ideal accompaniment to grilled or roast chicken or pork.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 136
- Fat: 10.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 2.1g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 113mg
- Calcium: 50mg
- Easy Herb Vinaigrette:
- 9 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons wildflower honey
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 1/2 cups quartered strawberries
- 1/4 cup Easy Herb Vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Combine the first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl; slowly whisk in oil until combined. Stir in basil and chives.
- 2. Combine strawberries, ¼ cup vinaigrette, mint, and spinach in a large bowl; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with almonds and pepper; serve immediately. Store remaining vinaigrette, covered, in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note