- 1 (7-ounce) package spaghetti, uncooked
- 1 cup preshredded carrot
- Cooking spray
- 1 (26-ounce) jar fire-roasted tomato and garlic pasta sauce (such as Classico)
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10-ounce) package trimmed fresh spinach
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- calories 337
- fat 10.4 g
- satfat 5.0 g
- protein 18.5 g
- carbohydrate 41.6 g
- fiber 4.6 g
- cholesterol 61 mg
- iron 2.6 mg
- sodium 919 mg
- calcium 388 mg
How to Make It
Cook spaghetti in a Dutch oven according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Add carrot to spaghetti during last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain. Place pasta mixture in an 11- x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; stir in pasta sauce. Set aside.
Combine ricotta cheese, egg, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small bowl; stir until smooth. Spread ricotta mixture over pasta mixture.
Heat olive oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat until hot; add garlic, spinach, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cover and cook 2 minutes or until spinach begins to wilt; cook, uncovered, stirring constantly, 3 minutes or until liquid evaporates. Arrange spinach over ricotta mixture. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over top of spinach.
Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated and mozzarella cheese melts.