This was an easy-to-prepare and yummy side dish. I would serve it during the week or for guests--especially if they were coming to my house (versus having to take it as a dish to pass). On WW it is 4 pts, if you consider it 6 servings. I did bring this as part of a pot luck, but knew I had oven time. It was served with ham and other side dishes. I was responsible for vegetable. Brought mixed veggies for the kids.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 35 Minutes
Stand: 5 Minutes
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Drain spinach well, pressing between paper towels to remove all excess liquid.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add onion and garlic, and sauté 5 minutes or until garlic is lightly browned and onions are tender. Remove from heat, and stir in spinach until well blended; cool.
- Whisk together eggs and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk in milk and freshly grated Parmesan cheese; stir in spinach mixture, and pour into a lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 33 to 35 minutes or until set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note