Spinach and Scallop Salad
Howard L. Puckett
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large shallots, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 16 large sea scallops (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 (6-ounce) packages fresh baby spinach
- Balsamic-Lemon Vinaigrette
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and next 4 ingredients; cook 15 minutes or until pine nuts are golden brown. Remove from heat; stir in 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Combine scallops and lemon juice. Coat food rack with cooking spray; place on grill over medium-high heat. Place scallops on rack, and grill 5 minutes on each side or until done. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Combine spinach and 1 cup Balsamic-Lemon Vinaigrette in a large bowl, tossing to coat. Reserve remaining vinaigrette for another use. Arrange spinach mixture and scallops on plates. Sprinkle with pine nut mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads