More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 287
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Protein: 20g
- Carbohydrate: 5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 383mg
- Sodium: 544mg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium sweet or hot Italian sausages (about 10 oz.)
- 1 (10 oz.) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed according to package instructions
- 2 ounces roasted red peppers, cut into strips
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan (2 oz.)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a large nonstick, ovenproof skillet, warm olive oil over medium-high heat. (If skillet isn't ovenproof, wrap handles in a double layer of foil.) Remove sausages from casings and crumble meat into skillet. Cook, stirring and breaking up large pieces, until there are no traces of pink, about 10 minutes.
- Squeeze as much liquid as possible from spinach. Pour excess fat from skillet; add spinach and red peppers. Cook, stirring well and scraping up any cooked bits on bottom of skillet.
- Pour eggs into skillet and stir to mix with spinachsausage mixture. Stop stirring and cook over medium heat, lifting edges of frittata with a spatula to let uncooked eggs flow underneath. Cook until almost set, about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle Parmesan on top and transfer skillet to oven. Bake, uncovered, until frittata is puffed and lightly browned on top, 8 to 10 minutes. Lift frittata around edges of skillet and gently shake pan to loosen. Slide out of pan and onto a cutting board and cut into wedges. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note