Spinach Salad with Roasted Vegetables and Spiced Chickpea
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 large sweet potatoes (1 1/4 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch
- 2 medium carrots (1/2 pound), peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 8 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) kosher salt, as needed
- Black pepper, as needed
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup(s) plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 5 ounce(s) spinach (6 cups)
- 2 tablespoon(s) thinly sliced shallot
- 1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with a clean dishtowel or several layers of paper towels and spread drained chickpeas evenly on top. Pat dry with another dishtowel or paper towels.
- 2. Toss sweet potato and carrots with 2 tablespoons oil and season with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Spread on a large rimmed baking sheet and top with thyme sprigs. Roast, tossing occasionally, until golden-brown and very tender, 40 to 50 minutes.
- 3. While vegetables are roasting, toss chickpeas with 2 tablespoons oil, chili powder, cumin and a large pinch of salt. Spread on another rimmed baking sheet. Transfer to the oven 10 minutes after you’ve put in the potatoes and carrots; roast until crisp and golden brown, 30 to 40 minutes.
- 4. Using the flat side of a knife or a mortar and pestle, mash the garlic with a large pinch of salt until it forms a paste. Add it to a small bowl and whisk in yogurt and lemon juice. Slowly whisk in remaining 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- 5. In a large bowl, combine spinach, roasted vegetables, chickpeas and shallot. Toss with enough dressing to lightly coat vegetables and greens and serve at once.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KarenCoe and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Spinach Salad with Roasted Vegetables and Spiced Chickpea Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads