I have made this salad several times. Some exactly as written and in many other varieties. It has always been wonderful. go ahead and exchange I'm sure you will love it. Make extra spicy nuts to save for snacks they are fabulous.
Spinach Salad with Nectarines and Spicy Pecans
This recipe has variations galore. Use almonds or walnuts in place of pecans, and use bacon or ham in place of prosciutto. Substitute any kind of greens, including arugula, field mix, or romaine lettuce.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 75
- Calories from fat: 48%
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 2.7g
- Carbohydrate: 8.2g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 369mg
- Calcium: 36mg
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/3 cup pecan halves
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup very thin slices prosciutto, coarsely chopped (about 2 ounces)
- 2 (6-ounce) packages fresh baby spinach (about 12 cups)
- 2 nectarines, each cut into 1/4-inch wedges (about 3/4 pound)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- To prepare pecans, combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Rinse pecans with cold water; drain (do not allow pecans to dry). Add pecans to the sugar mixture, and toss well to coat. Arrange pecan mixture on a jelly roll pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Coarsely chop pecans. Set aside.
- To prepare vinaigrette, combine the shallots and next 7 ingredients (shallots through black pepper) in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk until blended.
- To prepare salad, heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add prosciutto; sauté 5 minutes or until crisp, and finely chop. Combine spinach, nectarines, and dressing in a large bowl; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with the pecans and prosciutto.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Spinach Salad with Nectarines and Spicy Pecans Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Salads