Excellent! Didn't have any fresh ginger so I used ground ginger and my teenager doesn't like mushrooms, so I left those out also. A really great, light meal.
Spinach Salad with Grilled Shrimp
You can add a piece of crusty bread to make this simple salad a complete meal.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 1/3 cups salad and 1 shrimp skewer)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 181
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 5.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 24.8g
- Carbohydrate: 6.9g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 172mg
- Iron: 3.9mg
- Sodium: 478mg
- Calcium: 96mg
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Cooking spray
- 8 cups baby spinach (about 8 ounces)
- 2 cups thinly sliced shiitake mushroom caps (about 4 ounces)
- 3/4 cup thinly vertically sliced red onion
- Prepare grill.
- To prepare dressing, combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk. Set aside.
- To prepare shrimp, combine 2 teaspoons olive oil and next 6 ingredients (through shrimp) in a large bowl; toss well. Thread about 5 shrimp onto each of 6 (8-inch) skewers. Place skewers on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 3 minutes or until done.
- To prepare salad, add spinach, mushrooms, and onion to vinegar mixture; toss gently to coat. Serve with shrimp skewers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note