Made this for the first time tonight. Loved it! Agree with previous review, many layers of flavor. Will definitely make this again. Great summer meal and looking forward to sharing with dinner guests.
Spinach Salad with Grilled Shrimp
You can add a piece of crusty bread to make this simple salad a complete meal.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 1/3 cups salad and 1 shrimp skewer)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 181
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 5.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 24.8g
- Carbohydrate: 6.9g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 172mg
- Iron: 3.9mg
- Sodium: 478mg
- Calcium: 96mg
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Cooking spray
- 8 cups baby spinach (about 8 ounces)
- 2 cups thinly sliced shiitake mushroom caps (about 4 ounces)
- 3/4 cup thinly vertically sliced red onion
- Prepare grill.
- To prepare dressing, combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk. Set aside.
- To prepare shrimp, combine 2 teaspoons olive oil and next 6 ingredients (through shrimp) in a large bowl; toss well. Thread about 5 shrimp onto each of 6 (8-inch) skewers. Place skewers on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 3 minutes or until done.
- To prepare salad, add spinach, mushrooms, and onion to vinegar mixture; toss gently to coat. Serve with shrimp skewers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads