So simple, yet so perfect. This is a smashing Asian side salad.
Spinach Salad with Grilled Red Onion Rings and Sesame Vinaigrette
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 56
- Calories from fat: 35%
- Fat: 2.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 1.7g
- Carbohydrate: 8.1g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 176mg
- Calcium: 53mg
- 1 large red onion, cut crosswise into 12 (1/4-inch-thick) rings (about 10 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 10 cup baby spinach leaves (about 10 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Prepare grill.
- Combine onion and 1/2 teaspoon oil, tossing to coat. Arrange onion on a grill rack; grill 9 minutes or until browned and tender, turning frequently.
- Combine remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, juice, soy sauce, and honey in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Place spinach in a large bowl; sprinkle with pepper and salt. Add onions. Drizzle oil mixture over spinach, tossing gently to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Spinach Salad with Grilled Red Onion Rings and Sesame Vinaigrette Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This