This salad is outstanding and very easy! I use an arugula/spinach mix instead of just spinach but everything else is the same. My entire family loves it!!
Spinach Salad with Gorgonzola, Pistachios, and Pepper Jelly Vinaigrette
Red pepper jelly adds a snappy note to the vinaigrette that makes this simple salad memorable. You can prepare the vinaigrette earlier in the day and refrigerate; let it come to room temperature before tossing it with the spinach.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 101
- Calories from fat: 54%
- Fat: 6.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 2.9g
- Carbohydrate: 10.4g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 187mg
- Calcium: 54mg
- 1/4 cup red pepper jelly
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 cup dry-roasted pistachios
- 1. Place jelly in a 1-cup glass measure. Microwave at HIGH 30 seconds. Add cider vinegar, oil, salt, and black pepper, stirring with a whisk until blended. Cool to room temperature.
- 2. Combine spinach and cheese in a large bowl. Drizzle vinegar mixture over spinach mixture; toss well. Sprinkle with nuts. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note