Spinach Salad with Chicken
Community Recipe from
- 6 ounce(s) baby spinach
- 3-4 whole(s) eggs
- 8 ounce(s) bacon
- 1 whole(s) red onion chopped
- 8-12 ounce(s) chicken breasts cut into quarter-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1. Put the eggs in a pot and cover with water. Put on a lid and bring the water to a boil. Turn the water down to a low boil and set the timer for 11 minutes. Drain. Set eggs aside.
- 2. Put the bacon in a single layer in a frying pan. Turn the heat to medium. Cook the bacon until crispy, flipping it every few minutes to make sure it does not burn. When cooked thoroughly, place bacon on paper towels to dredge any excess fat. Roughly chop into bite-sized pieces.
- 3. Empty all but a tiny film of bacon fat from the pan. Add a tablespoon of olive oil and turn the heat to medium. When shimmering, add the red onion and cook until it is starting to brown.
- 4. Add the chicken to the pan. Sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper. Cook until the edges start to look cooked, then flip the chicken pieces to their other sides. Cook all the way through. Total cooking time is probably around 5 minutes.
- Salad: put a bed of spinach on a plate. Slice the hardboiled eggs (remove the yolks if you don't care for them) and arrange over the top. Sprinkle with the bacon. Add the chicken/onion mixture last. Dress with any kind of salad dressing yo like. Serve with bread.
- Composed plate. Put a small pile of spinach on each plate. Then the sliced eggs, the bacon, the chicken, all separately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CKSchirmeier and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Spinach Salad with Chicken Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads
More Recipes for Main Dishes