Great salad, I would give it 5 stars, but the dressing needs less salt, maybe 1/2 tablespoon...the bacon adds enough salty flavor! I will definitely make this again.
Spinach Salad with Bacon and Eggs
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Robyn Valarik
We love how the ribbons of carrots add a bit of whimsical color through this delicious salad.
Yield: Serves 6
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 396
- Calories from fat: 70%
- Protein: 14g
- Fat: 31g
- Saturated fat: 7.7g
- Carbohydrate: 18g
- Fiber: 6.7g
- Sodium: 979mg
- Cholesterol: 102mg
- 2 large eggs
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon (3/4 lb.)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 bag (6 oz.) baby spinach leaves
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 carrots, cut into thin ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 small avocados, chopped
- 1. Put eggs in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, cover, remove from heat, and let sit 15 minutes. Rinse with cold water until cool, then peel and quarter.
- 2. Cook bacon in a large frying pan until browned and crisp, 8 minutes. Crumble and set aside.
- 3. Whisk together oil, vinegar, sugar, and salt in a large serving bowl. Add remaining ingredients with reserved bacon and eggs; toss to coat.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1 2/3-cup serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads