I served this at a family reunion and it was really well received. Everybody commented on how flavorful it was and what a good combination. The only downside is that if you make the honeyed pecans on the same day, they are really chewy. But if you make them the day before (which I didn't) they are much better.
Spinach Salad with Honey Dressing and Honeyed Pecans
Photo: Hector Sanchez; Styling: Heather Chadduck Hillegas
Use leftover dressing to marinate meat or perk up plain rice.
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 15 Minutes
- 1 (6-oz.) package baby spinach
- 1 cup quartered fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Honey Dressing
- 3 to 4 cooked bacon slices, crumbled
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Honeyed Pecans
- Toss together first 4 ingredients and 1/3 cup dressing. Sprinkle with bacon, cheese, and pecans. Serve with remaining dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note