Spinach Salad with Garlic-Cider Vinaigrette
More From Food & Wine
Total: 1 Hour, 45 Minutes
- 3 heads garlic, unpeeled
- 1/2 pound ciabatta loaf, torn into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing and drizzling
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 cup apple cider
- 3 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 pound curly spinach leaves, stemmed, washed and dried
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Wrap the garlic in a sheet of foil and bake for 1 1/2 hours, until tender. Let cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, on a large baking sheet, drizzle the ciabatta pieces with olive oil. Bake for about 12 minutes, until crisp.
- Peel the garlic. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add the onion and cook over moderate heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the apple cider and boil over high heat until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 4 minutes. Add the vinegar, roasted garlic and the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss the spinach with the croutons and warm dressing and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note