Spinach Risotto with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
This recipe was originally published in Cooking Light Magazine in October 1995, but it does not appear in their online database.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 can(s) (10 1/2 oz each) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup(s) dry white wine
- 1/2 cup(s) finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoon(s) grated fresh Romano cheese
- 2 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 ounce(s) sun-dried tomatoes packed without oil (about 8)
- 6 cup(s) torn spinach
- 1 1/2 cup(s) uncooked Arborio Rice
- Cut sun-dried tomatoes into 1/4-inch wide strips.
- Bring broth to a simmer in a medium saucepan (do not boil). Combine 1/2 cup warm broth and tomatoes in a bowl; cover and set aside. Keep remaining broth warm over low heat.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; saute 3 minutes. Add rice; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add wine, cook 1 minute or until liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly. Add warm broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each portion of broth is absorbed before adding the next (20 minutes total). Add tomato mixture and spinach; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining ingredients.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Trishia64 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note