Spinach and Ricotta Tart
- 1 (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 large egg beaten with 1 teaspoon water (for egg wash)
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 (6-ounce) packages fresh baby spinach*
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Unfold 1 pastry sheet, pinching seams together if necessary, and place into 10-inch square tart pan, trimming if needed for fit. Brush with egg wash.
- 2. Cut 4 (1/2- x 10-inch) strips from remaining sheet, and lightly press across each side of egg-washed pastry to create borders; brush border with egg wash. Prick bottom sheet all over with fork. Sprinkle half of the Parmesan cheese over bottom; place tart on lower rack of oven. Bake at 350° for 5 to 8 minutes or until cheese forms a light crust. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- 3. Combine ricotta and next 5 ingredients. Spoon about two-thirds ricotta mixture into pastry shell, and spread evenly.
- 4. Sauté spinach in a large skillet over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring often and cooking in batches if necessary; drain excess liquid. Add spinach evenly onto ricotta mixture in pastry shell, and dollop remaining ricotta mixture onto spinach. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan, and bake at 350° for 15 to 18 minutes or until set.
- *You can substitute 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, cooked and drained, for the fresh spinach, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This