This recipe was quite good. The only things I did differently was add some herbs to the ricotta mixture and cook it five extra minutes (my noodles needed it. I guess it may vary by brand?). It came out very good.
Spinach-Ricotta Skillet Lasagna
Yield: 4 Servings
Cost per Serving: $2.19
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 485
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated fat: 14g
- Protein: 32g
- Carbohydrate: 37g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 126mg
- Sodium: 791mg
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta
- 1 large egg
- 1 10-oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 14-oz. jar tomato sauce
- 4 ounces no-boil lasagna noodles (about half a box)
- Mix mozzarella, Parmesan, garlic powder, 1/4 tsp. pepper and a pinch of nutmeg. In a separate bowl, whisk ricotta with egg and spinach until blended and smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread 1/3 of sauce over bottom of a large, heavy skillet. Arrange 2 pasta sheets on top. Spread half of spinach mixture over pasta, then scatter 1/3 of mozzarella mixture on top. Top with 2 more pasta sheets, then spread with 1/3 of sauce. Sprinkle with 1/3 of mozzarella mixture. Place another 2 sheets on top and pour over remaining sauce. Break remaining sheets of pasta into large pieces and use them to fill in around edges of skillet.
- Dollop remaining spinach mixture over top, and sprinkle on remaining mozzarella mixture. Transfer skillet to stovetop and cook, covered, over medium-low heat until top is firm, 20 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside, covered, for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note