- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 2 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- calories 198
- caloriesfromfat 30
- fat 6.7 g
- satfat 3.4 g
- monofat 1.9 g
- polyfat 0.7 g
- protein 10 g
- carbohydrate 24.8 g
- fiber 2.3 g
- cholesterol 53 mg
- iron 1.9 mg
- sodium 494 mg
- calcium 237 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°.
Melt margarine in large saucepan over medium heat. Add chopped onion, and saute 3 minutes. Stir in flour, salt, and pepper. Gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until well-blended. Bring mixture to a simmer, and cook 1 minute or until slightly thick, stirring constantly. Remove saucepan from heat, and stir in the cooked rice, crumbled feta cheese, egg, egg whites, and spinach.
Pour mixture into a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over pie. Cover and chill.
To serve, let stand 30 minutes at room temperature.
Bake pie at 400° for 35 minutes or until set. Broil 2 minutes or until pie is golden brown.
Note: Besides the nutrients listed below, each serving provides 3,909 IUs vitamin A and 13mg vitamin C.