Excellent appetizer, easy to make, and pretty. My husband and I loved it, kids wouldn't touch it b/c it was green :) I served it with a baked rigatoni during a family meal but it defintely would make a great appetizer for a party
Spinach-Red Pepper Crostini
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 40
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 1.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 1.9g
- Carbohydrate: 5.5g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 143mg
- Calcium: 35mg
- 1 (8-ounce) French baguette, cut diagonally into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted*
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (7-ounce) jar roasted peppers, drained and cut into thin strips
- Bake bread slices on a baking sheet at 375° for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Drain spinach well, pressing between paper towels.
- Process spinach, Parmesan cheese, and next 6 ingredients in a food processor until mixture is smooth.
- Spread spinach mixture evenly over bread slices.
- Bake at 375° for 5 minutes. Top evenly with roasted pepper strips. Serve immediately.
- NOTE: To toast walnuts, spread on a baking sheet, and bake at 350º, stirring occasionally, 5 to 10 minutes.
- *1/4 cup pecans may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers