- 1 (8-ounce) French baguette, cut diagonally into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted*
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (7-ounce) jar roasted peppers, drained and cut into thin strips
- calories 40
- caloriesfromfat 29 %
- fat 1.4 g
- satfat 0.4 g
- monofat 0.3 g
- polyfat 0.5 g
- protein 1.9 g
- carbohydrate 5.5 g
- fiber 0.4 g
- cholesterol 1 mg
- iron 0.4 mg
- sodium 143 mg
- calcium 35 mg
How to Make It
Bake bread slices on a baking sheet at 375° for 5 minutes. Set aside.
Drain spinach well, pressing between paper towels.
Process spinach, Parmesan cheese, and next 6 ingredients in a food processor until mixture is smooth.
Spread spinach mixture evenly over bread slices.
Bake at 375° for 5 minutes. Top evenly with roasted pepper strips. Serve immediately.
NOTE: To toast walnuts, spread on a baking sheet, and bake at 350º, stirring occasionally, 5 to 10 minutes.
*1/4 cup pecans may be substituted.