- Pastry for 9-inch deep-dish pie
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
How to Make It
Line a 9-inch quiche dish or pie plate with pastry; trim excess pastry around edges. Prick the bottom and sides of pastry with a fork. Bake at 400° for 3 minutes; remove from oven, and gently prick with a fork. Bake an additional 5 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Sauté onion in butter in a large skillet until tender. Remove from heat. Stir in spinach and cheese.
Combine eggs, whipping cream, milk, salt, pepper, and nutmeg in a large mixing bowl. Stir in spinach mixture; pour into pastry shell.
Bake at 375° for 35 minutes or until set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Cut into wedges, and serve warm.