- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin-seed oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 to 8 ounces pumpkin, such as Sugar Pie, or banana squash
- 6 quarts baby spinach leaves (1 lb.),rinsed and crisped
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup salted, roasted shelled pumpkin seeds
- calories 117
- caloriesfromfat 67 %
- protein 4.1 g
- fat 8.7 g
- satfat 1.4 g
- carbohydrate 8.3 g
- fiber 2.6 g
- sodium 126 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
In a large serving bowl, whisk together pomegranate juice, vinegar, and oil.
Peel pumpkin. With a vegetable peeler, cut raw pumpkin into paper-thin 1- by 3-inch strips; you'll need about 2 1/2 cups. Add pumpkin shavings to pomegranate vinaigrette and mix gently.
Add spinach and mix to coat; add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.