Spinach in Portabella Mushrooms
Yield: Makes 2 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 116
- Calories from fat: 49%
- Protein: 4.5g
- Fat: 6.3g
- Saturated fat: 3.7g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Sodium: 112mg
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- 2 portabella mushrooms (2 to 3 in. wide), stems trimmed
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots (3 oz. total)
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 4 cups washed spinach leaves
- 1. Rinse mushrooms. Brush cup side of caps with half the vinegar. Broil, cups up, on rack in a pan 4 to 6 inches from heat until juicy, 6 to 7 minutes.
- 2. Turn mushrooms over, brush them with the remaining vinegar, and broil until browned, 5 to 6 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, stir shallots in butter in a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over medium-high heat until limp, 3 to 5 minutes. Add spinach and stir over high heat until leaves wilt, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 4. Place mushrooms, cups up, on plates and fill with spinach.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables