- 2 portabella mushrooms (2 to 3 in. wide), stems trimmed
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots (3 oz. total)
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 4 cups washed spinach leaves
- calories 116
- caloriesfromfat 49 %
- protein 4.5 g
- fat 6.3 g
- satfat 3.7 g
- carbohydrate 13 g
- fiber 2.9 g
- sodium 112 mg
- cholesterol 16 mg
How to Make It
Rinse mushrooms. Brush cup side of caps with half the vinegar. Broil, cups up, on rack in a pan 4 to 6 inches from heat until juicy, 6 to 7 minutes.
Turn mushrooms over, brush them with the remaining vinegar, and broil until browned, 5 to 6 minutes.
Meanwhile, stir shallots in butter in a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over medium-high heat until limp, 3 to 5 minutes. Add spinach and stir over high heat until leaves wilt, 3 to 4 minutes.
Place mushrooms, cups up, on plates and fill with spinach.