- 3/4 cup unsweetened pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons roasted hazelnut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 ounces spinach leaves (about 2 lightly packed qts.)
- 3/4 cup finely shredded radicchio (from 1 head)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds*
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 1 large firm-ripe Bartlett pear
- calories 124
- caloriesfromfat 56 %
- protein 2.2 g
- fat 7.7 g
- satfat 0.6 g
- carbohydrate 13 g
- fiber 2.3 g
- sodium 118 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
In a small saucepan, boil pomegranate juice until reduced to 1/4 cup, 5 to 6 minutes. Let cool. Whisk in lemon juice, oil, salt, thyme, and pepper.
In a salad bowl, gently mix spinach, radicchio, pomegranate seeds, and hazelnuts with dressing. Divide among 6 plates.
Quarter pear and core. Thinly slice crosswise, then stack slices and cut in matchsticks. Arrange pear on salads.
*Splatter-free seeding: Cut a pomegranate into chunks. Put chunks in a bowl of water, and, working under water, use your hands to break seeds free from pith.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.