Spinach Pie with Rice Crust
Before you start assembling this pie, you'll need to cook the brown rice and the spinach first. You'll need about 1 pound of washed and trimmed spinach to get 2 cups of cooked. Cook 1 cup rice in 1 cup water according to package directions to get 2 cups cooked rice.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 279
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 9.3g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 17.1g
- Carbohydrate: 32.8g
- Fiber: 4.9g
- Cholesterol: 18mg
- Iron: 4.7mg
- Sodium: 315mg
- Calcium: 392mg
- 2 cups cooked instant brown rice
- 3/4 cup egg substitute, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup evaporated fat-free milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups drained cooked spinach
- 2/3 cup (2.6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Combine rice, 1/4 cup egg substitute, onion, and margarine; press mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. Set aside.
- 3. Combine 1/2 cup egg substitute, milk, salt, and pepper; stir in spinach and cheese.
- 4. Pour spinach mixture into prepared rice crust; arrange tomato slices around edge of pie. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until set. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into 4 wedges.
- carbo rating: 28
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch