Made half of it with goat cheese and the other half with feta. LOVED the feta and will use that instead of goat cheese next time. I would also use more salt and pepper than the recipe called for next time. This filling would be great rolled up in individual appetizer triangles of phyllo too!
Spinach Pie with Goat Cheese, Raisins, and Pine Nuts
Photo: Ellen Silverman; Styling: Toni Brogan
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 piece)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 363
- Fat: 21.8g
- Saturated fat: 6.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 9.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Protein: 14.9g
- Carbohydrate: 31.9g
- Fiber: 6.4g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Iron: 5.3mg
- Sodium: 480mg
- Calcium: 300mg
- 1/3 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 cups minced onion (about 1 large)
- 5 (9-ounce) packages fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 cups (8 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- Cooking spray
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion to pan; cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Add spinach, 1 bag at a time; cook 3 minutes or until spinach wilts, stirring frequently. Simmer spinach mixture 40 minutes or until liquid evaporates. Stir in raisins. Remove from heat; cool completely. Stir in cheese, nuts, salt, and pepper.
- 3. Press 1 phyllo sheet into bottom and up sides of a 13 x 9–inch baking dish coated with cooking spray (cover remaining dough to keep from drying); lightly coat phyllo with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with 7 phyllo sheets. Spread spinach mixture in an even layer onto phyllo. Place 1 phyllo sheet on a large cutting board or work surface (cover remaining dough to keep from drying); lightly brush with 1 1/2 teaspoons oil. Repeat procedure with the remaining 3 phyllo sheets and the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil. Place phyllo layer over spinach mixture; tuck in sides to enclose spinach fully. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Remove from oven; let stand 15 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes