Make-Ahead Spinach Phyllo Roll-Ups
Amount per serving
- Calories: 70
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Sodium: 150mg
- Carbohydrate: 4g
- Sugars: 1g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- Calcium: 4%
- Iron: 2%
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
- 1 cup ATHENOS Traditional Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1 tub (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Garden Vegetable 1/3 Less Fat than Cream Cheese
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 15 sheets frozen phyllo dough (14x9 inch), thawed
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- MIX first 5 ingredients until well blended. Brush 1 phyllo sheet lightly with butter; top with 2 more phyllo sheets, lightly brushing each layer with some of the remaining butter. Place remaining phyllo between sheets of plastic wrap; set aside.
- SPREAD 1/5 of the spinach mixture along one short side of phyllo stack. Fold in long sides of phyllo; roll up from one short side to make log. Repeat with remaining phyllo sheets and spinach mixture. Brush with remaining butter. Make small cuts in tops of logs at 1-inch intervals. Place in large freezer-weight resealable plastic bags or wrap tightly in plastic wrap.
- FREEZE up to 3 months. When ready to bake, remove desired number of logs from freezer. Refrigerate, tightly wrapped, several hours or overnight until thawed. Unwrap, then place on baking sheet. Bake in 375°F oven for 25 min. or until golden brown. Cool 5 min. Transfer to cutting board. Use serrated knife to cut each log into 6 slices.
- KRAFT kitchens tips:
- STORAGE KNOW-HOW
- Leftover phyllo sheets can be wrapped tightly and refrozen.
- HOW TO PREPARE WITH 18X14-INCH PHYLLO SHEETS
- Use a total of 9 phyllo sheets, spreading 1/3 of the filling on each stack of 3 sheets and rolling up each stack to make a total of 3 logs. Freeze and bake as directed. Cut each log into 10 slices to serve.
- Omit butter. Spray phyllo sheets with cooking spray instead of brushing with the melted butter.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Make-Ahead Spinach Phyllo Roll-Ups Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers
More Recipes for Appetizers