Spinach Pesto & Sausage Strata
- 6 ounce(s) fresh spinach 6 packed cups
- 1/3 cup(s) Jarred Pesto
- 3 Eggs
- 2 ounce(s) Pecorino Romano finely grated 1/2 up
- 3/4 cup(s) scallions sliced
- 9 ounce(s) Italian Sausage casings removed
- 1 loaf(s) sour dough bread sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2/3 cup(s) ricotta cheese 5 ounces
- 2 cup(s) Fontina coarsely grated 6-8 oz
- 2 cup(s) half-and-half
- Preheat oven to 350. In a food processor, puree 2 cups spinach with pesto and season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, half and half, pecorino romano and scallions. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a non-stick skillet, cook the sausage over medium high heat, breaking it up until cooked, about 7 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a bowl. Reduce heat to medium and cook the remaining spinach until wilted about 1 minute and chop.
- Using half of the ingredients, arrange bread in a 7by 11 inch baking dish, spread on pesto, then ricotta, pour in egg mixture and top with spinach, sausage and fontina. Repeat, let stand for 10 minutes, pressing to soak.
- Bake the strata until puffed and browned, about 45 minute.
- Let stand for 10 mins before serving
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Ruthperrin and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Spinach Pesto & Sausage Strata Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch