This recipe is just delicious. I have made it for several years and prepare two of them each year for our annual Christmas party since it goes so quickly on the buffet.
Spinach Pesto Potato Casserole
Notes: Mash boiled, steamed, or baked potatoes--hot or cold. If making ahead, cover and chill casserole up to 1 day; bake 55 minutes before adding nuts.
Yield: Makes 10 to 12 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 273
- Calories from fat: 46%
- Protein: 7.8g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 5.4g
- Carbohydrate: 31g
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Sodium: 102mg
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- 2 cups packed washed spinach leaves
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup olive or salad oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese
- 2 large eggs
- About 8 cups unseasoned mashed potatoes
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1. In a food processor or blender, smoothly purée spinach, parsley, garlic, oil, and lemon peel.
- 2. With a mixer, beat cream cheese until fluffy, adding 1 egg at a time. Add potatoes and mix well.
- 3. Spread potato mixture in a shallow 3- to 3 1/2-quart casserole. With the tip of a knife, impress shallow stripes or a lattice in potatoes, and spoon spinach mixture into these depressions.
- 4. Cover casserole tightly. Bake in a 375° oven until hot in center, about 35 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle nuts onto potatoes; bake 10 minutes more.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Spinach Pesto Potato Casserole Recipe at a Glance