- 2 cups packed washed spinach leaves
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup olive or salad oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese
- 2 large eggs
- About 8 cups unseasoned mashed potatoes
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- calories 273
- caloriesfromfat 46 %
- protein 7.8 g
- fat 14 g
- satfat 5.4 g
- carbohydrate 31 g
- fiber 4.7 g
- sodium 102 mg
- cholesterol 56 mg
How to Make It
In a food processor or blender, smoothly purée spinach, parsley, garlic, oil, and lemon peel.
With a mixer, beat cream cheese until fluffy, adding 1 egg at a time. Add potatoes and mix well.
Spread potato mixture in a shallow 3- to 3 1/2-quart casserole. With the tip of a knife, impress shallow stripes or a lattice in potatoes, and spoon spinach mixture into these depressions.
Cover casserole tightly. Bake in a 375° oven until hot in center, about 35 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle nuts onto potatoes; bake 10 minutes more.