I LOVED this recipe! The pesto taste and the roasted red peppers was SOOOO good!!! I had a hard time not eating more than a "serving" though. And it's VERY easy to make, 1, 2, 3!! I'm not sure why others thought it was bland tasting. The pesto MADE it!
This hearty meatless lasagna is the perfect weeknight meal that will please the entire family.
More From Health
Total: 32 Minutes
- Calories: 261
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 14g
- Carbohydrate: 25g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 23mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 735mg
- Calcium: 335mg
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 4 tablespoons pesto, divided
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 (5-ounce) box baby spinach
- 18 wonton wrappers (1 package)
- 1 (8-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, 2 tablespoons pesto, and egg white; stir well.
- 3. Heat 1 tablespoon water in a medium skillet over medium heat; cook spinach until wilted (about 2 minutes), stirring well.
- 4. Spread remaining 2 tablespoons pesto in an 8-inch square baking dish; top with 6 wontons, overlapping slightly. Layer half of ricotta mixture evenly over top of wontons; add half of peppers over ricotta mixture.
- 5. Top peppers with another 6 wontons, remaining ricotta mixture, half of spinach, and remaining peppers. Top peppers with remaining 6 wontons and spinach. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan; cover tightly with foil.
- 6. Bake lasagna, in middle of oven, until cheese is melted and bubbly (about 20 minutes). Let stand 10 minutes. Cut into 6 equal-size pieces.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note