I LOVED this recipe! The pesto taste and the roasted red peppers was SOOOO good!!! I had a hard time not eating more than a "serving" though. And it's VERY easy to make, 1, 2, 3!! I'm not sure why others thought it was bland tasting. The pesto MADE it!
Prep: 10 minutes; Cook: 22 minutes; Total time: 32 minutes.
Yield: Makes 6 servings (serving size: 1/6 of lasagna)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 261
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 14g
- Carbohydrate: 25g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 23mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 735mg
- Calcium: 335mg
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 4 tablespoons pesto, divided
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 (5-ounce) box baby spinach
- 18 wonton wrappers (1 package)
- 1 (8-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, 2 tablespoons pesto, and egg white; stir well.
- 3. Heat 1 tablespoon water in a medium skillet over medium heat; cook spinach until wilted (about 2 minutes), stirring well.
- 4. Spread remaining 2 tablespoons pesto in an 8-inch square baking dish; top with 6 wontons, overlapping slightly. Layer half of ricotta mixture evenly over top of wontons; add half of peppers over ricotta mixture.
- 5. Top peppers with another 6 wontons, remaining ricotta mixture, half of spinach, and remaining peppers. Top peppers with remaining 6 wontons and spinach. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan; cover tightly with foil.
- 6. Bake lasagna, in middle of oven, until cheese is melted and bubbly (about 20 minutes). Let stand 10 minutes. Cut into 6 equal-size pieces.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles