We got spinach and persimmons in our CSA share one week and I got lucky finding this recipe. I've used it for a few different events and it gets rave reviews every time!
Spinach and Persimmon Salad
This spinach and persimmon salad is a festive salad perfect for holiday family dinners.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 85
- Calories from fat: 33%
- Protein: 1.3g
- Fat: 3.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrate: 15g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Sodium: 107mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Salt and pepper
- 5 quarts baby spinach leaves (1 1/4 lb.), rinsed and crisped
- 3 firm Fuyu persimmons (5 oz. each), peeled and sliced into thin wedges
- 3/4 cup glazed pecans
- In a large bowl, mix vinegar, marmalade, and sesame oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add spinach, persimmons, and pecans. Mix gently to coat with dressing.
The dressing and persimmons for this salad can be prepared up to 4 hours ahead; wrap fruit airtight and chill. Assemble the salad shortly before serving. You'll find glazed pecans in the nut section of your supermarket.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note