I made this today and strayed a little from the recipe (spring mix greens, celery, and carrot), and it was amazing! If you love salads, vinaigrette, and bacon you are going love this salad. So, low in calories you could grill some chicken and it would be delish!.
Spinach-Pear Salad with Honey-Bacon Vinaigrette
Although this pleasantly wilted salad is best made shortly before serving, you can prepare and chill the vinaigrette up to a day in advance; microwave at HIGH for 30 seconds and stir well before tossing with the salad ingredients.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 41
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 1.2g
- Carbohydrate: 7.2g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 103mg
- Calcium: 21mg
- 4 bacon slices
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup thinly vertically sliced red onion
- 2 large ripe Bartlett pears, cored and cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 3 cups)
- 1 (10-ounce) package fresh spinach
- To prepare vinaigrette, cook bacon in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings in pan. Crumble bacon; set aside. Add vinegars, honey, mustard, salt, and pepper to drippings in pan, stirring with a whisk; bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- To prepare salad, combine onion, pears, spinach, and bacon in a large bowl. Drizzle with vinaigrette, and toss gently to coat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note