We love this salad. It is easy to prepare and the dressing really makes it exceptional! We have had it alone as an entre and also with soup for an easy dinner.
Spinach, Pear, and Pancetta Salad
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 236
- Calories from fat: 76%
- Protein: 5.6g
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated fat: 6.6g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Sodium: 289mg
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- 2 ounces pancetta or bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 ounces baby spinach leaves, washed well and dried thoroughly
- 1 Bosc pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 ounces fresh, mild goat cheese, crumbled
- 1. In a small frying pan over medium-high heat, cook pancetta, stirring often, until crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel to drain.
- 2. Discard all but 1/2 tbsp. fat from pan. Add shallot and stir over medium-high heat until soft, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in oil, vinegar, mustard, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Put spinach and sliced pear in a large bowl and gently toss with dressing. Arrange salad on plates. Crumble goat cheese on top and sprinkle with pancetta.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1 1/2-cup serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This