- 2 ounces pancetta or bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 ounces baby spinach leaves, washed well and dried thoroughly
- 1 Bosc pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 ounces fresh, mild goat cheese, crumbled
- calories 236
- caloriesfromfat 76 %
- protein 5.6 g
- fat 20 g
- satfat 6.6 g
- carbohydrate 11 g
- fiber 3.1 g
- sodium 289 mg
- cholesterol 15 mg
How to Make It
In a small frying pan over medium-high heat, cook pancetta, stirring often, until crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel to drain.
Discard all but 1/2 tbsp. fat from pan. Add shallot and stir over medium-high heat until soft, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in oil, vinegar, mustard, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper.
Put spinach and sliced pear in a large bowl and gently toss with dressing. Arrange salad on plates. Crumble goat cheese on top and sprinkle with pancetta.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1 1/2-cup serving.