Pretty good salad, didn't make anywhere near enough dressing for four salads in my opinion, also I thought the dressing was too watery and bland. The pears could have used a little more sugar to caramelize properly too. Not a bad recipe, just needed a fair amount of tweaking to suit my taste.
Spinach, Pear, and Goat Cheese Salad with Pecans
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 256
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 32g
- Fiber: 7g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 382mg
- Calcium: 128mg
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 3 Bosc pears, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 (6-ounce) bag baby spinach
- 2 ounces Gorgonzola cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 1. Toast the pecans in a skillet over medium heat for 3 minutes or until fragrant; set aside. Add 2 teaspoons canola oil to the same skillet, and increase heat to medium-high. Add pears, and sprinkle with brown sugar; do not stir. Cook the pears 5 minutes or until lightly browned on bottom. Stir to melt the brown sugar. Transfer the pears to a plate.
- 2. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to pan. Add shallot, salt, and pepper. Stir 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add apple juice, cider vinegar, and mustard. Whisk; simmer 3–4 minutes or until slightly reduced. Add pears.
- 3. Place spinach in a large serving bowl. Pour pears and dressing on top, and toss. Divide salad evenly among 4 plates. Arrange Gorgonzola and pecans on top. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This