Spinach Pasta with Asparagus Pesto
Spinach Pasta with Asparagus Pesto by Rachael Ray /// on 04/18/12 //// http://www.rachaelray.com/recipe.php?recipe_id=4626
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 pound(s) Spinach Fettucini or spinach garganelli al dente
- 1/4 cup(s) pistachios or 3 tablespoons pine nuts toasted
- 1 pound(s) Thin Fresh Asparagus coarsely chopped
- 1 cup(s) mixed fresh parsley, mint and tarragon or basil loosely packed
- 1/4-1/3 cup(s) Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (about a handful) grated
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/3 cup(s) extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) approximately
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook to al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the starchy cooking water.
- While the pasta is working, in a small skillet, toast the pistachios (or pine nuts).
- Using a food processor, puree the asparagus, herbs, cheese, nuts and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. With the machine on, drizzle in about 1/4 cup EVOO; stream in a few more tablespoons EVOO, as needed, to form a smooth pesto.
- In a pasta bowl, combine the pasta, pesto and reserved pasta cooking water. Toss for 1-2 minutes to coat.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SRodrig185 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note