Spinach Pasta with Asparagus Pesto
Community Recipe from
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 pound(s) Spinach Fettucini or spinach garganelli al dente
- 1/4 cup(s) pistachios or 3 tablespoons pine nuts toasted
- 1 pound(s) Thin Fresh Asparagus coarsely chopped
- 1 cup(s) mixed fresh parsley, mint and tarragon or basil loosely packed
- 1/4-1/3 cup(s) Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (about a handful) grated
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/3 cup(s) extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) approximately
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook to al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the starchy cooking water.
- While the pasta is working, in a small skillet, toast the pistachios (or pine nuts).
- Using a food processor, puree the asparagus, herbs, cheese, nuts and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. With the machine on, drizzle in about 1/4 cup EVOO; stream in a few more tablespoons EVOO, as needed, to form a smooth pesto.
- In a pasta bowl, combine the pasta, pesto and reserved pasta cooking water. Toss for 1-2 minutes to coat.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SRodrig185 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes