Excellent and easy. Loved it
Spinach and Parmesan Soufflés
Photo: John Autry; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
More From Cooking Light
Total: 57 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 163
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 13.2g
- Carbohydrate: 14.6g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 115mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 405mg
- Calcium: 218mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 large egg yolks
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1. Place a baking sheet in the oven. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2. Coat 4 (6-ounce) ramekins with cooking spray; sprinkle evenly with breadcrumbs, tilting and turning dishes to coat sides completely.
- 3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Lightly coat pan with cooking spray. Add spinach; cook for 2 minutes or until spinach wilts, tossing constantly. Place spinach in a colander; let stand 5 minutes. Squeeze excess liquid from spinach. Coarsely chop spinach.
- 4. Combine 2/3 cup milk and the next 4 ingredients (through black pepper) in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Cook for 2 minutes or until mixture is thick and bubbly, stirring constantly. Spoon mixture into a large bowl, and let stand for 10 minutes. Stir in spinach, cheese, and egg yolks.
- 5. Combine egg whites and cream of tartar in a large bowl, and let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Beat with a mixer at high speed until medium peaks form (do not overbeat). Gently stir one-fourth of egg whites into spinach mixture, and gently fold in the remaining egg whites. Gently spoon mixture into prepared dishes. Sharply tap dishes 2 or 3 times on counter to level. Place dishes on preheated baking sheet; return baking sheet to 425° oven. Immediately reduce oven temperature to 350°; bake soufflés at 350° for 21 minutes or until puffy and golden brown. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables