I agree with the other review. It's good, not great. But a good way for me to get my son to eat veggies.
Spinach and Parmesan Fallen Soufflé
Check your local farmers' market for the freshest spinach. Squeezing the cooked spinach removes excess moisture.
Yield: 6 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 92
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Fat: 3.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 8.5g
- Carbohydrate: 7.3g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 42mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 326mg
- Calcium: 193mg
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 ounce fresh spinach
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup (about 1 1/2 ounces) grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon grated whole nutmeg
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Lightly coat an 11 x 7-inch baking dish with cooking spray, and dust with breadcrumbs. Set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add garlic; cook 20 seconds, stirring constantly. Add spinach; cook 3 minutes or until spinach wilts, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Place spinach mixture on several layers of heavy-duty paper towels, and squeeze until barely moist. Place spinach mixture in a blender. Add milk and cornstarch; process until smooth. Add cheese, salt, pepper, and nutmeg; pulse until well blended. Pour into a large bowl.
- Place egg whites and egg in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed 5 minutes or until tripled in volume. Gently fold one-fourth of egg mixture into spinach mixture; gently fold in remaining egg mixture (mixture will seem slightly thin). Spoon spinach-egg mixture into prepared baking dish; smooth top with a spatula.
- Bake at 375° for 35 minutes or until set in the center. Cool 5 minutes on a wire rack before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables