Huge hit! I made a few changes - used 1/2C cream cheese, used fat free Greek yogurt instead of the regular drippy FF stuff and increased its volume to probably 2/3C, doubled the amount of basil, then shredded probably 1/4C of mozzarella on the top and put it in the oven on broil 'til the top was browned. So so so good, people were shocked that this was not pure calorie-and-fat-laden evil!
At first, the spinach will seem to overflow in the skillet, but keep stirring--as it begins to wilt, it reduces in volume. Serve this creamy spinach-parmesan dip with crudités or hearty wheat crackers.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 63
- Calories from fat: 60%
- Fat: 4.2g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 4.1g
- Carbohydrate: 3g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 209mg
- Calcium: 112mg
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10-ounce) package fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, loosely packed
- 1/3 cup (about 3 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add salt and spinach; sauté 3 minutes or until the spinach wilts. Place spinach mixture in a colander, pressing until mixture is barely moist.
- Place spinach mixture, basil, cream cheese, and pepper in a food processor; process until smooth. Spoon spinach mixture into a medium bowl. Add yogurt and Parmesan; stir to combine. Chill.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note