- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- About 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 quart lightly packed baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup slivered dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 12 pitted kalamata olives, sliced
- calories 315
- caloriesfromfat 44 %
- protein 6.9 g
- fat 16 g
- satfat 1.7 g
- carbohydrate 39 g
- fiber 4.4 g
- sodium 550 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Cook orzo according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, oregano, basil, 1/2 tsp. salt, and the pepper and reserve.
Drain pasta, rinse with water until cool, and drain again. Add to bowl with dressing and gently mix in spinach, tomatoes, and olives to combine. Add more salt if you like.
Keeps: Up to 2 hours at room temperature, 4 hours with ice packs.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1-cup serving.