Spinach and Orange Salad with Parmesan Pecans
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 medium navel or blood oranges
- 1 pound baby spinach
- 1 cup Sicilian green olives, pitted and chopped
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375°. Toast the pecans on a baking sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer the nuts to a bowl, toss with the butter, honey, Parmesan and a generous pinch each of salt and pepper, then spread on the sheet and bake for 4 minutes, or until golden. Let cool.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the shallots and mustard. Whisk in the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 3. With a sharp knife, peel the oranges, removing all of the bitter white pith. Halve the oranges lengthwise, then slice crosswise 1/4 inch thick.
- 4. In a large bowl, toss the spinach with the dressing, olives, pecans and oranges and serve at once.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This