Saw this recipe last night and I just had to make it this morning before leaving for work. It does not take long at all to make, and you can add just about whatever you like. I cooked nitrate-free bacon to a crisp and cumbled it in, and added paprika and a dash of cayenne. Took a piece to work for breakfast and put the rest of the slices in the freezer. Everyone at work wanted the recipe! A friend said she'll try it with cooked chicken breast and mushrooms. My co-workers call me "chef"! It's absolutely yummy!
Spinach, Onion, and Swiss Frittata
Mix up your morning routine with a delicious frittata; eggs boost protein and veggies become tender and delicious. Get creative with your frittata combos – try spicy jalapenos and cheddar or ham and Swiss. This frittata easily feeds a family of four.
More From Oxmoor House
Total: 32 Minutes
- Calories: 185
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 12.2g
- Saturated fat: 4.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 6.6g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 295mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 246mg
- Calcium: 168mg
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups vertically sliced onion
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ounces shredded Swiss cheese (about 3/4 cup)
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Heat a 10-inch ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add onion; sauté 10 minutes or until tender. Add spinach; cook 2 minutes, stirring just until spinach wilts.
- 3. Combine eggs, salt, and pepper. Pour egg mixture over vegetables in pan; cook until edges begin to set, about 2 minutes. Gently lift edge of egg mixture, tilting pan to allow uncooked egg mixture to come in contact with pan. Cook 2 minutes or until egg mixture is almost set. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 8 minutes or until center is set. Transfer frittata to a serving platter immediately; cut into 6 wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch