You'll use the tomatoes reserved from Braised Pork with Slow-Cooked Collards, Grits, and Tomato Gravy here. Purchase one pound of pizza dough and use most of it here; the rest becomes grilled flatbreads for Red Lentil Dal with Carrot Salad and Coriander Flatbreads.
This recipe goes with Red Lentil Dal with Carrot Salad and Coriander Flatbreads
Cooking Light SEPTEMBER 2012
1. Remove dough from refrigerator. Let stand at room temperature, covered, 30 minutes.
2. Place a heavy baking sheet in oven. Preheat oven to 500° (keep baking sheet in oven as it preheats).
3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion; cook 4 minutes or until softened, stirring frequently. Remove onion from pan. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add tomatoes, 1 tablespoon oregano, pepper, and salt; cook 4 minutes or until most of liquid evaporates, stirring mixture occasionally.
4. Roll dough into a 13-inch circle on a lightly floured surface; pierce entire surface liberally with a fork. Carefully place dough on preheated baking sheet. Spread tomato mixture evenly over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Top with onion and cheeses. Bake at 500° for 12 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is lightly browned.
5. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add spinach; sauté 2 minutes or until spinach wilts. Top pizza with remaining 1 tablespoon oregano and spinach. Cut into 8 slices.
Go to full version of