- 12 ounces refrigerated fresh pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 2 cups vertically sliced onion (about 1/2 large)
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 (28.5-ounce) can no-salt-added whole tomatoes, well drained and coarsely chopped (or tomatoes reserved from Braised Pork with Slow-Cooked Collards, Grits, and Tomato Gravy)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1.5 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/3 cup)
- 4 ounces fresh baby spinach
- calories 407
- fat 13.3 g
- satfat 5.1 g
- monofat 4.1 g
- polyfat 1.6 g
- protein 17.5 g
- carbohydrate 53.6 g
- fiber 9.4 g
- cholesterol 27 mg
- iron 3.1 mg
- sodium 716 mg
- calcium 195 mg
How to Make It
Remove dough from refrigerator. Let stand at room temperature, covered, 30 minutes.
Place a heavy baking sheet in oven. Preheat oven to 500° (keep baking sheet in oven as it preheats).
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion; cook 4 minutes or until softened, stirring frequently. Remove onion from pan. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add tomatoes, 1 tablespoon oregano, pepper, and salt; cook 4 minutes or until most of liquid evaporates, stirring mixture occasionally.
Roll dough into a 13-inch circle on a lightly floured surface; pierce entire surface liberally with a fork. Carefully place dough on preheated baking sheet. Spread tomato mixture evenly over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Top with onion and cheeses. Bake at 500° for 12 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is lightly browned.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add spinach; sauté 2 minutes or until spinach wilts. Top pizza with remaining 1 tablespoon oregano and spinach. Cut into 8 slices.