I agree with previous review....very dry. I love stratas, but this one is unremarkable.
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 389
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 10.5g
- Saturated fat: 5.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 23.8g
- Carbohydrate: 50.5g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 98mg
- Iron: 5.1mg
- Sodium: 944mg
- Calcium: 472mg
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 12 (1-ounce) slices stale Italian bread
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 cups sliced cremini mushrooms (about 8 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (10-ounce) packages fresh spinach
- 2 1/2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- Dash of ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups fresh breadcrumbs (about 3 slices)
- Combine first 3 ingredients. Spread 4 teaspoons cheese mixture evenly over each bread slice; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, and sauté 3 minutes. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Remove mushrooms from skillet. Gradually add spinach to skillet; sauté 3 minutes or until spinach wilts, stirring frequently. Place spinach in a colander, pressing with the back of a spoon until barely moist. Coarsely chop spinach; stir into mushrooms.
- Arrange 6 bread slices in a single layer in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Top with half of the spinach mixture. Repeat layer with remaining bread slices and spinach mixture. Combine 1/4 teaspoon salt, milk, eggs, egg white, and nutmeg; stir with a whisk until well-blended. Pour the milk mixture over the spinach mixture. Cover and chill for 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Uncover strata, and sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Bake at 400° for 40 minutes or until set.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note