Spinach-Mushroom Quesadillas with Feta
- 1 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound(s) cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt, divided
- 8 ounce(s) frozen chopped spinach, drained and squeezed dry
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground coriander
- 8 flour or whole-wheat tortillas, or 4 of each
- 1 tablespoon(s) safflower oil
- 6 ounce(s) feta cheese
- 1 fresh jalapeÃ±o pepper, seeded and diced
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, sprinkle with half the salt, and cook, stirring, until browned, about 7 minutes. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine spinach, cumin, coriander and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Brush tortillas all over with safflower oil. Lay 4 on baking sheets and top evenly with spinach, mushrooms, feta and jalapeño. Cover with remaining tortillas, press down firmly, and bake until tortillas begin to brown and crisp, about 12 minutes. Cool a few minutes, then cut each into wedges and, if desired, serve with your choice of toppings: salsa, sour cream, guacamole, etc.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note