The recipe overall was easy to follow. Directions were clear. The only thing was that there wasn't enough sauce, and the taste was a little bland. I had to add a little more salt and pepper just to get a more better taste out of it. I also would recommend adding another vegetable that has texture. Everything was just pretty mushy. The end result did turn out like the picture shown, just used different type of noodles. I would recommend adding a little more spices to add kick to it. Also, it needs a lot more sauce. It was kinda dry after a couple minutes. So if I were to make this recipe again, I would double the milk and cream cheese so it won't be as dry.
Spinach Mushroom Pasta
This healthy spinach mushroom pasta dish is a popular choice for vegetarians and meat-lovers alike. Hearty whole-wheat pasta is quite filling, and a full pound of sliced mushrooms makes this dinner truly satisfying.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 537
- Calories from fat: 45%
- Protein: 24g
- Fat: 27g
- Saturated fat: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 57g
- Fiber: 13g
- Sodium: 469mg
- Cholesterol: 59mg
- 8 ounces whole-wheat pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound sliced mushrooms
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 cups lightly packed spinach
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1. Boil 2 qts. water in a large pot and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a large serving bowl.
- 2. Heat olive oil in a large frying pan, add garlic and mushrooms, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add cream cheese and milk and heat until boiling, stirring often. Add spinach and cook until wilted, about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then pour over pasta. Sprinkle with chives and serve with parmesan on the side.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note