This is a great easy recipe perfect after a day at work. I added leftover jumbo shrimp to the mix before the spinach and it was delicious a nice alternative to my usual red sauce.
Spinach Mushroom Pasta
This healthy spinach mushroom pasta dish is a popular choice for vegetarians and meat-lovers alike. Hearty whole-wheat pasta is quite filling, and a full pound of sliced mushrooms makes this dinner truly satisfying.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 537
- Calories from fat: 45%
- Protein: 24g
- Fat: 27g
- Saturated fat: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 57g
- Fiber: 13g
- Sodium: 469mg
- Cholesterol: 59mg
- 8 ounces whole-wheat pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound sliced mushrooms
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 cups lightly packed spinach
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1. Boil 2 qts. water in a large pot and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a large serving bowl.
- 2. Heat olive oil in a large frying pan, add garlic and mushrooms, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add cream cheese and milk and heat until boiling, stirring often. Add spinach and cook until wilted, about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then pour over pasta. Sprinkle with chives and serve with parmesan on the side.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note